Sunday, November 20, 2011

Festive Spirit

As a child I always looked forward to Christmas without fail. But as I grew older, I kinda grew out of it. What I mean is, I didn't get as excited for it. The only thing I looked forward to was being off school for the holidays and my mum's Christmas dinner! I hated being at school at Christmas time, what with doing nothing all day but playing stupid games and listening to stupid Christmas songs. I hate that Mariah Carey song. I guess I just became more bitter with age!

BUT! Something miraculous has happened this year. For some reason, I have been in a very festive mood - even since Halloween! This is very rare for me because I never feel like this. But I'm enjoying it immensely. So much so, that I've been dying to watch Home Alone and for the snow to fall.

I've also been listening to my favourite songs:

Carol of the Bells,


Walking in the Air,


and O' Holy Night



Although I love the normal Christmas songs by Wizard etc, those three always win out. I guess I'm just a snob that way...

I've also been fantasising about how much fun it will be to decorate my own home at Christmas someday and open presents before watching movies and eating sweets. Or having an Christmas party! Gah I want it so badly lol.

I'll leave you with my current favourite Christmas advert!


No comments:

Post a Comment