Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fire in my Veins...

So do you remember when I told you that I had an undiagnosed condition and that I had a hospital appointment due?


Well that was two days ago. I don't know why I'm embarrassed to say it because it's perfectly natural but meh... I had a Colonoscopy. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be thankfully.

Though I say being sedated had something to do with that! I'm not going to go into the graphics but I will say this, whatever they gave me before the sedative was fucking awesome!! My veins felt like they were on fire!

In my semi-awake state, I thought I was a superhero but then my brain settled on something else and I laughed. It was perfect. I wasn't a superhero after all, instead, I had just been injected with vampire venom. I spent the rest of the procedure believing I was Bella. Sigh. Don't diss the ill Twilight fan!!

Instead of waking up sparkly and uber strong, I woke up more lightheaded than I've ever been in my entire life. Another scary moment was that I took longer to recover than expected. You see, sedatives affect the heart and it took my heart ages to get back to it's normal rhythm... But I was too sleepy to notice.

From the procedure, they discovered that my immune system has been attacking my bowels which has caused me to suffer from Inflammation of the Colon. I could also have Chrones Disease but we gotta wait for the biopsies to come back before we know for sure. 

Treatment wise? I've been given a huge dose of steroids which apparently will give me back my appetitite. And so far, so good. Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery now!

No comments:

Post a Comment