Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shop til I drop? No thanks...

There's one thing that sets me apart from normal teenage girls.... Actually, there's probably quite a few things but we won't get into them right now. No, what I'm talking about is that I don't really enjoy shopping. Don't get me wrong, I like window shopping. I'm a damn good window shopper. My problem is when it comes to spending money. For some reason, I feel incredibly guilty about doing it and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I don't have a huge income?

What's strange is that it only affects me when shopping for clothes. I have no problem buying books upon books but when it comes to clothes I'm like, "nah I'll leave it". I also have this weird notion that I'm not "cool" enough to shop in certain stores. For example, I feel fine browsing through the likes of Primark and Peacocks but when it comes to the likes of Miss Selfridge I can't wait to leave. I've never even stepped foot in a River Island.

However I have no problem spending money on the people I love. I will happily splash the cash buying them things that I know they will love and cherish and that makes me feel incredibly happy. So why do I feel guilty spending money on myself? Will I grow out of this? I hope so. I really want to enjoy a good shopping spree someday...

Love, Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment