Friday, July 22, 2011

Imagine

One of my fondest hobbies is to people watch. Not in a stalkerish/weird way, but just to pass the time. It's really a lot of fun watching people go by and inventing life stories for them. 

I once pretended that a small boy, who was staring off into the distance was watching celestial beings that no one else could see which of course was the reason why he wasn't listening to his mother... Another time, I observed a bus driver continuously looking into his rear view mirror which of course led me to believe he was a spy instead of him just checking the traffic... Or the time when a young couple were hugging each other goodbye because they knew that this was the last time they would be together... 

That story actually broke my heart and I had to look away, even though I had made it up.

What I'm trying to say is, usually when you look at someone you can see them thinking, processing the world around them, so much so that you can create a fantasy world for them and be a part of their lives, even if it is only in your imagination...

And I love that.


Love, Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment