Saturday, February 18, 2012

Project Perfect

I saw this on Life of a Sweetaholic's blog and thought I'd do it too...

1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State 3 things that you DON'T like about yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.

A photo of myself that I really like:


This was taken by Paul on our first holiday to Rome in 2009. I like it because I think I look slightly mysterious in it and I also don't look sweaty or redfaced which is slightly surprising considering where we were.

 Three things I don't like about myself, turned into positives:

#1 The fact that I have one crooked tooth that makes me self-conscious when I smile. You will be hard pressed to find a picture of me (that hasn't been deleted) with a chesire cat style grin. Despite this, Paul hasn't been put off and finds my smile beautiful 

#2 The fact that I'm five foot three. The only thing I hate about being this height is that it is very easy to look fatter than I actually am. Paul however, finds my height adorable and I do like the term "petite"

#3 The fact that my laugh can sometimes turn into a cackle OR sound like I'm revving an engine depending on how funny I find something. If I find something really funny then I do one of those silent laughs and cry simultaneously.

Three things that I like about myself:

#1 The fact that I am quite pale. For years I was bullied for looking like a ghost but not once was I even tempted to try fake tan. For one, all my bullies couldn't apply it right and ended up looking like streaky bacon. Why the fuck would I want to look like that? I love my pale skin, always have always will. What got me through that particular bullying episode was remembering that Snow White had skin as white as snow - making her a "ghost" too. And look at her, she's gone down in fairytale history as being the fairest of them all...

#2 The fact that I talk with a slight American accent as well as sounding quite posh. I love it. I sound very middle class despite being common as muck

#3 The fact that I have large eyes and skinny wrists. I don't know why but they've always been my two favourite body features.

No comments:

Post a Comment