Have you ever wondered what the future has in store for us?
If we look back seventy odd years ago, people used to live quite happily without the things we call essentials today.
- They didn't have emails
- They didn't have text messages
- They didn't have Google
- They didn't have computers
- They didn't have dvd's
- They didn't even have indoor toilets!
So when people, seventy years from now, look back to our era, will they find it just as hard to believe that we lived quite happily without the things that they call essentials?
- Maybe they'll pity us for only having text messages when they have hologram technology
- Maybe they'll be astounded that couples could have children without first applying for a licence
- Maybe they'll find it difficult to believe that we can't access our computers with our voices
- Maybe they'll be frustrated that university wasn't compulsory
- Maybe they'll laugh at how we dressed, obsessed with being orange when they are desparate to be pale
- Maybe they'll be jealous that we grew up with Harry Potter
- Maybe they'll be confused at how we talked, when they all talk in rhyming verse.
What do you think will happen in the next seventy odd years?