Saturday, September 24, 2011

Common Sense

Why do people put so much energy into hating things?

Surely if somebody enjoys something then people should let them be.

If you don't like reality tv, don't watch it.
If you don't like Twilight, don't read it.
If you don't like Justin Beiber, don't listen to his music.

Pretty simple, no?
Then why do people give each other such a hard time? 

Wanna know a pet hate of mine? Book snobs.

I hate how some people sit there and spout off how crap a certain book is. Fair enough if you don't like a book for whatever reason, that's your opinion, but don't slag other people off if they like it! To me, reading is about enjoying yourself and enjoying what you're reading. I've read plenty of books that are critically acclaimed and hated them. An example of this is Of Mice and Men. Sure it's "well written" but I would never pick it up again.

I've always been embarrassed to admit that I enjoy YA books more than anything else because of book snobs but you know what? I do and I don't care anymore. I can't help what I like and I'd rather read something I enjoy like Twilight than be bored senseless.

Because surely it's better for people to read whatever they enjoy than to not read at all?




No comments:

Post a Comment