Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011: A Year In Review

JANUARY:

This month is a blank. All I can remember is how it started on New Year's Eve, where Paul and I brought in the new year drinking champagne and watching world's deadliest airports! Was tres awesome!

FEBUARY:

On the 3rd was Paul's birthday and our 3 year anniversary which was spent at a gorgeous hotel in the city of Londonderry. We shopped all day then had a beautiful meal in our room curtesy of room service. We also had a right giggle at our misfortune of going to see "HereAfter" which turned out to be the most boring film ever made! Valentine's Day was also a lot of fun as a lot of chocolate was consumed!

MARCH:

As I was still in college, I remember starting a new placement at a special educational needs school and being terrified. Everything turned out okay though as I got to work with the most loveliest of boys. They were hilarious and I still miss them.

I also started applying for university.

APRIL:

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, I started to feel more confident in myself. I think this has something to do with the decision I made to be more assertive. Or at least try to be.

MAY:

I left the special educational needs school as I had all my required hours. I do regret not being able to say goodbye to my favourite boy in the class though as he was on holiday during my last day.

I also finished all my college coursework which meant that I had finished college a month early. And with placement finished too, I had an extra month off to do nothing whilst everyone else still had to go to class. Frigging awesome!

I also started blogging again after deleting my old blog in 2010

JUNE:

Had this entire month off due to finishing all my coursework early!

JULY:

The summer holidays had officially started but I was already scunnered as I'd already been off a month. I discovered that I passed my National Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development with three distinctions - the highest mark possible. I was a very happy bunny as it meant all my hard work had paid off! 

I started to feel sick all the time too. I had very little strength and my appetite was slowly disappearing. Though I did start drawing again.

AUGUST:

I learnt that I was accepted into the University of Ulster and that I'll be starting my Psychology course in September! I was both excited and scared about this. It was a big step and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to cope or not. 

I also attended my first ever wedding with Paul who was Best Man. It was a lovely if slightly disorganised wedding but still loads of fun!

SEPTEMBER:

At the end of September, I started university and it was grand! I met a few nice people and easily found my way around the campus. I did feel out of breath a lot though but I put that down to being unfit...

I also took the plunge and bought purple glasses!

OCTOBER:

On the 3rd of October I turned twenty which was celebrated with a trip to Edinburgh at Halloween. It was an awesome trip, marred only by the fact that it was now obvious that something was seriously wrong with me. I heaved at the sight of food, was incredibly weak and was basically surviving on wine gums...

NOVEMBER:

After a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with Inflammation of the Colon and given a hearty dose of steriods. My appetite improved immediately! Much to the delight of Paul and my parents. I also gave my first ever presentation and practical report at university - both of which scared the crap out of me! 

I attended another wedding, this time it was Paul's sister getting married.

I also started getting into the festive spirit as well as joining Twitter!

DECEMBER:

After passing all my class tests, I completed my first semester of university and look set to start my second in January when I'll find out the results of my practical report and presentation. Though finishing university for the holidays did have it's down side when I nearly died...

For Christmas, I got the most amazing presents as well as being incredibly happy that Paul loved his! And I've only just finished the dose of steriods and my appetite is already decreasing. I've yet to decide if this is a good thing or not.

EXTRA:

In 2011, Paul and I also managed to see three comedians LIVE: Alan Carr, Tommy Tiernan and Stephan Merchant. We were also meant to see Dave Gorman but that got postponed due to the strike in November. We also explored the Continental Christmas Market as well enjoying lovely days out at the beach and local forests.

2011 saw my blog gain 100+ followers which is something that my old blog never achieved. I also took the plunge and made two vlogs which revealed to you my weird Irish/American accent. I also joined The Great Postcard Campaign and have been receiving gorgeous postcards from around the world...

And most heart-breaking of all, 2011 saw the end of Harry Potter...

Goodbye 2011, we had our ups and downs but we made it til the end. Here's to a great 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment