Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th



Today will cause a lot of people great distress due to their superstitious nature. I find it quite amusing that one date can render people nervous wrecks. Especially since it doesn't happen all that often anyway.

I'm not a superstitious person but I used to be when I was kid. I avoided walking under ladders, or stepping on cracks and if I saw a magpie I always tried to find another one in order to make a pair. I only did this because everyone else did it though. If you didn't they'd laugh at you and say you were cursed, which is quite intense for a child!

I soon realised how foolish I was being though and stopped. Personally, I think it's sad that people live their lives based on their superstitions. I recently laughed when I found out that my cousin is rushing to get her wedding done this year because 2013 is too unlucky lol! Like, seriously?

But although I know it's not real some habits are hard to break! Don't judge me when I tell you that I still pair off magpies...

I don't know if this is a superstition or not, but I'm desperately trying to stop believing in jinxes. For example, I won't say that an exam was easy in case I jinx it and fail or I won't say that I aced an interview in case I jinx it and not get the job. Know what I mean? 

It's not so bad to be fair, it teaches you to be humble and modest but sometimes it can be quite a nuisance!

So how about you? 
Do you have any wacky superstitions? 
Or do you find it all ridiculous?

No comments:

Post a Comment