Monday, October 3, 2011

Student Life: Schizophrenia Testing

Last friday, a postgraduate student picked twenty of us from my lecture class to take part in a survey. He didn't tell us what it was about to avoid bias but it was obvious from the sort of questions we were being asked...

Q Have you ever seen animals or objects when no one else has?
Q Do you hear voices when no one is around?
Q Do voices inside your head tell you to do things?

A guy even asked him if he was testing us to see if we were nuts!

After the survery he left us in a pitch black room as we watched a bunch of images flash on the television screen. The images were a multitude of Rorschach's and whilst I couldn't make head nor tail of most them, a few did leave me feeling quite disturbed.

He then gave us a number scale inbetween two emotions and asked us to indicate how we felt whilst watching the images by circling the number closest to the appropriate emotion.

For example:

Anxious    1 2 3 4 5 6 7    Calm

That is what I think he said anyway. As I was too scared to ask him to clarify again I simply followed that rule. I'm sincerely glad the whole thing was done anonymously because one of the questions was:

Aroused   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Uninterested

To which I circled 7 as they didn't arouse me at all. I'm hoping I answered it correctly to show that I was completely uninterested otherwise he's gonna think that someone he chose is quite sick in the head...

He also went through the images and asked us to say what we saw in them. There were the usual "bat" like shapes but one stood out for me. I swear it looked like a mask to me but with a robed figure in the middle, here it is:


Do you see it? Coz if you do, it means you've got a paranoid personality. It's scarily accurate for me because I am, thee most, paranoid person on the planet. I'm not even joking.

Here's another one:


If you see legs/a big monster it means that you have a dominant personality. I saw this but I'm far from dominant so we should probably view these images with just a pinch of skeptism. That is, unless I'm seriously repressing my dominant side, who knows?!

And I'll leave you with this one:


I saw ducks with a red bow tie in the middle but I didn't admit that obviously. He asked all the guys what they saw and they all answered with "two girls bent over a table". Typical guys... But apparently if guys see two men with their dicks out then they are repressing their homosexuality. Again, view it with a hint of skeptism if you please. 

If you are interested in seeing more of the type of Schizophrenia questions we were asked, check this out. They're pretty much the same.

P.s I was wondering if you guys would like to see more posts like this? I just thought it would be nice to share the things I'm learning on my Psychology course with you all. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment